
Katie is trying on for size many new words. Today, I told Katie it's time to get dressed. She asked if we're going to nursery today. "No, why?" I asked. "Aren't we getting a dress? When I wear a dress, I go to nursery!" Funny how we've put multiple meanings to words. We don't even notice the silly little nuances like that until a 2 year old calls us on it! Is a dress what girls wear or is it the act of putting clothes on?
I asked if she wanted to wear a new outfit. She was so excited and went to tell Amanda how she's going to wear a new "alphabet". This was a special new "alphabet" from Grandma Greer. (Princess skirt not included!)
I pulled out some summer clothes from last year for me to wear too (which is actually from 2 summers ago since I was wearing maternity clothes last summer). Katie, again, was so excited that Mom is also going to wear a new "alphabet".



No comments:
Post a Comment