

So, without so much as even TELLING his wife, Brett entered a Transactional Lawyering competition. And, he WON! (Well, let's be honest, what else would he do?) So, as my grand prize for sitting at home and wondering where he was until 11 pm with no phone call or email or "I'm still alive". . . . (yes, we've only been married 6 years and he still doesn't know that he has a wife at home that worries about him). . . . . .I get to tag along with Brett to the National Competition in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania! Yep, I'm going to Philly next month! Am I excited? Well, I talked Brett into staying an extra day and half to see some sights--so YES! I am. Better still? We are going childless! Not that I don't love my girls, because I really do, but this will be the longest that Brett and I have done anything together, just the two of us since Katie was born! I feel lighthearted and free already! Anyway, I'm excited. Just to let you know!



5 comments:
Congrats wendy! That will be so much fun without the girls! Yes, we all love our babies, but we love our husbands too right? Congrats Brett!!
Congratulations!! I am sure you guys will have a lot of fun. You'll have to let me know when you are going because I was going to try to bring the kids up in March for a visit (and because I need a break and want out of Vegas for a few days)!!!
How exciting!! Enjoy the time together, because it gets less & less as the kids get older!
That is so exciting! I LOVE, love, love Philadelphia! And with everything so close you can see a lot with just a day and half. Have a wonderful time!
Congratulations!! Go Brett! That's so fun. We're going on our first solo trip next week (New Orleans, for a conference for Brad) - I'm so excited, but also obsessively worrying!
Post a Comment