Sunday, July 25, 2010

Katie is FOUR!

Katie had her fourth birthday and we decided to try a "friends party" for the first time. It turned out really well and everyone seemed to have a good time. We had a soft theme of Strawberry Shortcake.We had a donut eating contest, bean bag toss, pin the jewel on the crown. . .
(Amanda just thought everyone was being super silly)

Musical chairs. . .
and the crowning event: Pinata!




We let the kids have three rounds of hitting--and they only beat it up a bit. Finally, Dad took some swings. It only took about three hits to send candy literally FLYING all over the yard. Amanda is still finding some pieces that she brings to me--melted and sticky--her favorite! :)
Thanks to all who helped make Katie's birthday memorable and fun!Maggie D., Adam M., Annie B., Asher D., Kate R., Maya D., Katie and Amanda

1 comment:

Brooke Marturello said...

I wish I had gotten to have Ben's four year old "friend party" outside. Just wait until this new little one is turning four and you have to have everyone running around inside because there's 10" of snow outside.
It was great to talk to you today. I hope I get to see you soon. Have a good one!