Sunday, April 10, 2011

Opening Day

Dating has been different with three kids vs one or two kids (and I don't just mean more expensive for babysitters). Ellie has come with us on all our dates since her birth except one, and to the temple. I don't mind. She's so easy compared to taking three kids anywhere! Brett planned an AWESOME date for April Fool's Day: Opening Day for the Boston Red Sox! We used to be able to watch them at home, but no longer. So, now we choose a special game now and then and go to Iggy's Sports Grill to watch. We got a late start (as usual) and as we packed up to leave, Brett told me that the game was canceled due to rain. NO WAY!! After all the work to get a babysitter, get all dressed up, get the baby fed and ready, now we can't even watch the game! Argh. I was preparing myself to have a date night to Cafe Rio and Walmart (lame date, I know). Brett let it marinate for a few minutes at home and a few blocks in the car, then reached over and pinched my knee (which I hate) and said, with his mischievous grin, "Happy April Fool's!" What? It didn't even sink in (well, the weather has been crazy enough that opening day could get rained out. . . ) Then I got it! That's was pretty low, but pretty good. I haven't seen the Red Sox play for a few months. Don't take away my hopes!Anyway, the three of us sat at Iggy's for a few hours, enjoying some good food and hanging out, reconnecting with the Red Sox. It was awesome. I've missed baseball! I was getting excited to start going to some Orem Owlz games (we have passes) but then found out they don't even start until late June. Argh! I was surprised that there were so many people at the restaurant for an early afternoon on a Friday. Iggy's was a bit busy so the waitress didn't come by too often, and Ellie was even really easy. She was easily entertained, super cute, and then slept for half of it. Nice!
The Red Sox lost to the Texas Rangers 9-5. Sad start, but it is baseball, and Texas almost won the world series last year. Anything can happen, and we love them anyway. So, thanks Brett, that was a rockin' date, and Happy April Fool's Day!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I love your blog! Sounds like yall had an exciting april fools!!

Hannah S said...

That's a good one! We haven't fooled each other well in a few years, Tyler and I.
What a fun tradition you have together. I didn't realize you were Boston fans. Are you from there?