Monday, April 25, 2011

Graduation!

April 22, 2011 at 5:00 pm, DeJong Concert Hall
Brett Thomas Nichols received his Juris Doctorate Degree from the
J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University.
It's been a long road, but we've had so many good times along the way. It hit me as Brett took his last final on April 21, 2011 that we're finally done-with law school, and school. It really has gone so much faster than I thought it would. And we suffered less than I thought we would too! I am so proud of Brett. He has balanced so many things and still succeeded, even excelled. I hope he finds the job that he wants that will value him for all that.
He came home from his last final and surprised me with a bouquet of huge, beautiful, white lilies! He said that as he left his last exam, his thoughts turned to me and he was grateful for supporting him. Wow! I was touched. (and it made up for him making me sleep alone as he pulled a couple of all-nighters this week!)
The graduation ceremony was nice. . . and long. I kinda wished we'd gotten a babysitter, but it was also nice to have the girls be able to watch Brett graduate. They've had to sacrifice their dad for three years for it after all! After Brett got his diploma cover and walked around the stage to go back to his seat, Amanda called out "Is that my Daddy?" and Brett heard it. Cute memories. I look at Mandy and think to myself, "That is exactly how long law school is!"
I spent most of the ceremony out in the halls with Ellie, who was so tired but decided she couldn't sleep in my arms. It was frustrating, but at least I got to see Brett walk, hear the best speaker (the first one), and from what I hear, I didn't miss much by missing the main speaker. Thanks to grandparents who basically had full care of Katie and Amanda!
We celebrated with Brett's parents and my parents afterward with
dinner at the Brick Oven Pizzeria.

J. Reuben Clark
Way to go Brett. Now on to Bar Prep and Bar Exams. . .

3 comments:

Emily W said...

Congrats, to both of you. I am glad to hear that it passes faster than you think because I think Jake's first year has just about killed me.

Holladay Duplex said...

Congratulations!!! I'm thrilled you guys are done with this step of the journey, that has to feel great!

Hannah S said...

Congratulations! How sweet that he got YOU flowers. Wow. Yay for being done! Good luck with bar exam...I don't really look forward to that time period. Even with graduation being over that is still looming over you all summer long. How is the job hunt coming?