Thursday, March 1, 2012

When zone defense doesn't work

I discovered two days ago that Ellie's front tooth is chipped. I don't even know when it happened! Amanda also chipped her front tooth when she was two, but it's not as bad as Ellie's is. Amanda rode the push toy princess car down the stairs, and wouldn't you know it, the rough hewn rock at the bottom stopped her fall--by her teeth. Ellie is now getting pretty creative in ways to ride the same car, but we keep the baby gate closed now.I'm sad! We took Ellie to the dentist and they said it's not deep enough to take any action, and cosmetically they can't do anything until she's three! I'm sure in a world of little boys, it's sad, but somehow a trophy of war--like scars. But with little princesses?Last night, while I was putting Ellie to bed, Brett was getting the older girls out of the bath. Amanda was supposed to wait for me to put her excema lotion on. It took me less than five minutes, but in that time, Amanda decided she could do her own lotion. Nice. She looks so remorseful, doesn't she? By the way, she's also getting her second set of molars. She's old enough now to tell me, "Mom, something in my mouth is hurting me." And points to this huge, white bump in her gums. I can almost see the ridges of the molar! It's close!

1 comment:

Emily W said...

My Ellie puts lotion on all the time although if its unsupervised she looks a lot like Amanda. Love kids.