Monday, February 14, 2011

Faces of Ellie

I haven't posted anything for a while, and I'm just now uploading the camera for the first time since about Christmas. Needless to say, I see lots of changes in our newest little family member. She's getting so big! (Really, she's still pretty small). We get her weighed next week so I'm anxious to see how much she's gained. She's getting a pretty good routine, having a couple of small naps and usually one long daytime nap. The best part-she's getting a 5-6 hour stretch of sleep at night, and sometimes even a 7 hour! That feels good! I wish I could say I've slept so much, but we've been sick, so when I'm not up with Ellie, I've been up with Katie, and now Amanda. Hopefully soon we'll be healthy (and not pass it to Ellie) and we ALL can start to get more sleep.
Ellie is a sweetheart. She loves to cuddle. She's started smiling to us for about the past 7-10 days. They are SO hard to catch on camera, but worth all the work! I think having babies gets better with each one because I am really enjoying Ellie. I hardly even mind doing everything with one hand while I keep her close! (That used to bug me when I wanted to just be "free" for a few minutes!)
Anyway, here's the pictures we're really waiting for!

Just like her predecessors (her sisters), she wiggles her hand up to her face!


"How I feel about my bath--yuck!" (we're still trying to get the hang of feeling secure!)
Some of our first smiles! So precious!
"I'm working on building strong muscles. Look at me!"
Sweet, drowsy smiles!
Not sure why babies look so cute with bear ears, but they do!
"Hey, there's a nose on my face!!"
And yes, sometimes this happens too!

No comments: