Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mane Tamer

Here's what we've been up to while we wait out cabin fever. Everyone's been sick, sleep deprived, and stir crazy, but I guess this can count as entertainment.
Brett has loved the girls' long locks, but since he's had to do a bit more hair duty while I take care of a newborn, he finally agreed that it's time for a haircut, and not just a trim. Katie, who hates having to take care of her own hair, actually agreed (somewhat naively). I felt the anxiety as I took the scissors and cut off about 5+ inches! But it's really cute!! And I'm surprised that it actually does well even when I leave it mostly down. (With long hair, it pretty much only went down on Sundays).
Here is before. . . .
. . . and after!
Poor Katie was sick with a fever so her pictures show her less than excited, but she's more enthused about it now that we're feeling better.
This is how we were entertained--pbskids.org.
Really helped to keep them at least looking in the same direction!
And this is only Amanda's second haircut in her life. She has a little bit of curl a the bottom of her hair and I've been afraid to cut it off.
Amanda Before:
TV and sucker helps Amanda! :)
and. . . . .After!

Very cute, and refreshing, if I do say so myself!!

1 comment:

Hannah S said...

I'm impressed that you cut your girls hair yourself! I only cut my boys hair, I haven't dared to do the girls yet.
Great job, btw. They look adorable!